AzuraCast is a standalone, turnkey web radio management kit. Using its easy installer, you can go from a fresh Linux installation to a fully working web radio station in about 5 minutes.
AzuraCast is currently in alpha. The web application is stable and includes a number of powerful features, but if you want to keep up to date with the latest version of the software, keep in mind that updates may cause unexpected issues or data loss. Always make sure to keep your files backed up, especially your station media.
To use AzuraCast, you should have a basic understanding of the Linux shell terminal. Once installed, every aspect of your radio station can be managed via AzuraCast's web interface with no advanced Linux knowledge required.
With AzuraCast, you can:
- Manage your Media: Upload songs from the web, organize music into folders, and preview songs in your browser.
- Create Playlists: Set up standard playlists that play all the time, scheduled playlists for time periods, or special playlists that play once per x songs, or once per x minutes.
- Set Up Live DJs: Enable or disable live broadcasting from streamers/DJs, and create individual accounts for each streamer to use.
- Take Listener Requests: Let your listeners request specific songs from your playlists, both via an API and a simple public-facing listener page.
- Analytics and Reports: Keep track of every aspect of your station's listeners over time. View reports of each song's performance and
- Station Autopilot: AzuraCast can automatically assign songs to a playlist based on the song's impact on listener numbers.
- Delegate Management: Create and remove separate administrator accounts for each station manager.
- ...and more.
Supported AutoDJ Software
AzuraCast uses the best tools of the trade to manage your radio station's music playback and broadcasting: LiquidSoap as an "AutoDJ" to shuffle songs and playlists, and your choice of IceCast 2 or ShoutCast 2 to broadcast to your listeners.
You can also use AzuraCast as a tool for syndicating remote stations. This allows you to take advantage of the powerful analytics and reporting tools in AzuraCast for any radio station that uses IceCast or ShoutCast 1 or 2.
Supported Operating Systems
AzuraCast supports these operating systems and architectures out of the box:
- Ubuntu 14.04 LTS (Trusty) x64
- Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (Xenial) x64
- Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (Xenial) ARM
Want to get started using AzuraCast on your own server? Visit the AzuraCast Main Readme for detailed instructions.
Once installed and running, AzuraCast exposes an API that allows you to monitor and interact with your stations.
You can view API documentation for your version of AzuraCast by visiting `your.azuracast.site/api`. Documentation for the latest version of AzuraCast is available on this web site.
AzuraCast is licensed under the Apache license, version 2.0.
Questions? Comments? Feedback?
AzuraCast is a volunteer project, and we depend on your support and feedback to keep growing.
Issues for this codebase are tracked in this repository's Issues section on GitHub. Anyone can create a new issue for the project, and you are encouraged to do so.
Contribute to AzuraCast
This codebase is Free and Open Source Software, both to help our team maintain transparency and to encourage contributions from the developer community. If you see a bug or other issue with the codebase, please report an issue or submit a pull request!